Just before the new year dawned, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced 89 new Medicare Shared Savings Plan (MSSP) Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) bringing the nationwide total of MSSP ACOs to 405. Of the new ACOs announced, seven have service areas in North Carolina.
2) Carolina Medical Home Network ACO (NC FQHCs)
3) Coastal Plains Network (Vidant)
4) CHESS (Cornerstone, Wake Forest Baptist)
6) PACN (Pinehurst Accountable Care Network)
7) Pioneer Health Alliance (service area includes Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia)